Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Artist Interview: Svetlana Bagdasaryan, The Inversionist

Artist Svetlana Bagdasaryan started painting by accident. Literally. A life-changing experience altered Svetlana's perception of the world and she rapidly began to express this with oil on canvas. Soon afterwards she went on to champion the movement of Inversionism. Her creativity draws inspiration from all walks of life and some of her more recent endeavors include illustrated, bilingual fairytales. Svetlana is a woman of few words, but let's find out some things about Svetlana that only few know.


What are your hobbies?

Writing, illustrating and publishing bilingual fairy tales. My Grandma’s Fairy Tales is a series of fairy tales from around the world. The books are bilingual and should be interesting for adults and children as well.

When did you know you wanted to create art?

After an accident. I’m a PhD in chemistry and worked as a research scientist. In August 2010, after an accident, I created my first painting. The occurrence totally changed my way of perceiving and understanding things. Before, I had held no interest in painting and had no clue as to how to hold a brush; yet from that time on, I was seized by a need to paint. Within days of the accident I painted my first picture and since then numerous skillful artworks are being produced nonstop. I have already participated in several exhibitions worldwide. My patrons include collectors from the U.S. as well as Western and Eastern Europe.

 Check out this interview with Svetlana.

What is your creative process?

Hard to describe. Ideas are coming by themselves.


Who are your favorite artists?

Modeliany, El Greco.

What charities or organizations are you part of and why?

I'm involved with Armenian Schools Support Project.

Do you like animals? Do you have any pets?

I do and I have a gorgeous German shepherd named Ramzes.



What is one interesting fact few people know about you?

I am crazy about ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment