Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Artist Interview: Kelly M. Hogan and Her Spiritually Inspired Art

For our second-place winner of the Black & White contest, Kelly M. Hogan, the mission of art is to convey positive power and the message of hope. She often paints live to engage others in her creative process, and we are glad to have encountered such a passionate artist through the contest. An interview with Kelly shows more sides of her that are interesting and inspiring:

What are your hobbies?

Giving back to others, hiking and G.oing O.ut D.oors in nature, finding secret spots to adventure to, meditating, meeting new people of all kinds and hearing their stories and connecting with them.



When did you know you wanted to create art?

As a child, when I realized that it was the perfect escape.



What is your creative process?

My Inspiration is found mostly when I am spiritually seeking connections to the Universe and when I am working and sharing Its message of truth with others.  Through spiritual practice and a lifestyle dedicated to finding freedom and a peace of mind within, I find direction from a Higher Power in the inspiration that It gives me and then I use my God-given talent along with my humanly-attained skills to take action in creating based off of it.



Who are your favorite artists?

We are all artists and we are all equally divine in our gifts, so I do not have a favorite.  I am drawn to the styles of artworks made by Basquiat, Keith Haring, and Van Gogh.  But, not one artist is my favorite ever- because I love all artists, each one is unique and holds the same amount of value to me.



What charities or organizations are you part of and why?

I am a featured artist for The Creative Wave Movement.  My path aligned with the founder of this amazing nonprofit at one of my friend’s art shows.  I was drawn to the passion I could feel pouring out of this selfless person of faith. I am in the process of connecting with another organization called “Mirror Mirror” where artists are paired with homeless kids and the mission is to inspire one another and come up with a creative concept together and then create it!



Do you like animals? Do you have any pets?

I love all the creatures that inhabit the earth.  We share this home together, so we must be good neighbors and not discriminate.  I rescued a shelter pup from East LA a year ago, but what I soon learned was that he rescued me too.  He is a year and a half and he is a majestic deer-fox.



What is one interesting fact few people know about you?

I moved out to LA to pursue my dream of being a songwriter, but fell back in love with my fate as a visual artist.  Fear held me back for a while with this.



*Another fun fact:

I go by the name RT, my alter artist ego.

For more information on Kelly and her works, please visit website.

No comments:

Post a Comment